Whipped Body Butter
This is the best body-butter I've ever made, courtesy of Dr. Melissa Esguerra, who is fantastic at detoxing people like me.
1 cup Shea Butter
1 cup Mango or Cocoa Butter
(or ½ cup of each)
1/2 cup Solid Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Almond, Jojoba, or Olive Oil
45 drops doTerra essential oils of your choice
1. In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
2. Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
4. Move to fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
5. Add the essential oils.
6. Place in your Kitchen Aid and whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
7. Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
8. Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter.
If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept at the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.